Ahead of their forthcoming, 15th studio album “Apex Predator – Easy Meat”, UK grindcore pioneers Napalm Death have posted the second track to be taken from the album: “How The Years Condemn”.
Bassist Shane Embury commented: “Musically I wanted this track to encompass lots of different rhythms and nuances in the short space of time which the song occupies, which I hope we achieve, and that it bursts with an intensity and emotion to match the theme of the lyrics! Lyrically it’s a departure from the rest of the new album as It’s self-reflective – a couple of years ago I was hospitalized prior to a very important tour and was forced to miss out on going and had to stay at home. More importantly I realized in the time I was in hospital that I really had to make a choice which was either to carry on down the same path of selfish destruction as I had seen some of my friends embark on or stay around for the people I loved and who loved me!”
He continues: “Yes, it’s a familiar story, no doubt. But it was an awakening for me which I very much needed and shortly after I was blessed with the birth of my daughter so I am glad I made the right decision… We are not invincible – nor are we indestructible. There are choices – points of return…”
“Apex Predator – Easy Meat” is out on January 26th in Europe and January 27th in North America via Century Media Records.
- Narco : "Dios te odia" Gira 2015
- The Shady 80s : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015
- Chewed Up : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 01/05/2015
- Sunday Jones : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015
- July 24-25 : Nord Open Air, Essen
- Monica and the Explosion : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 02/05/2015
- Big Bang African Dance Project : Hotter Than July, Dublin, 19/07/2015
- 3 Chords Festival 2015
- Kendal Calling announce 2015 line-up
- Killaflaw : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015