Ahead of their forthcoming, 15th studio album “Apex Predator – Easy Meat”, UK grindcore pioneers Napalm Death have posted the second track to be taken from the album: “How The Years Condemn”.
Bassist Shane Embury commented: “Musically I wanted this track to encompass lots of different rhythms and nuances in the short space of time which the song occupies, which I hope we achieve, and that it bursts with an intensity and emotion to match the theme of the lyrics! Lyrically it’s a departure from the rest of the new album as It’s self-reflective – a couple of years ago I was hospitalized prior to a very important tour and was forced to miss out on going and had to stay at home. More importantly I realized in the time I was in hospital that I really had to make a choice which was either to carry on down the same path of selfish destruction as I had seen some of my friends embark on or stay around for the people I loved and who loved me!”
He continues: “Yes, it’s a familiar story, no doubt. But it was an awakening for me which I very much needed and shortly after I was blessed with the birth of my daughter so I am glad I made the right decision… We are not invincible – nor are we indestructible. There are choices – points of return…”
“Apex Predator – Easy Meat” is out on January 26th in Europe and January 27th in North America via Century Media Records.
- Harrison Drive : WSO Liverpool, 02/10/2015
- Aug 07-10 : Devestation Fest, Belfast
- Mad Sin : European Fall Tour 2015
- Freedom Screech : Manchester Popfest, 15/08/2015
- Thom Morecroft : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015
- Jan 23-24 : Streetpunk Winter Riot
- Slowcoaches : Manchester Popfest, 15/08/2015
- Grateful Dead Reunite for Chicago Farewell Concerts
- Stronghold : Fibber Magees, Dublin, 13/02/2015
- The Strawmen : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015