A new documentary about Joe Strummer is in the works.
The film, called “I Need A Dodge! Joe Strummer On The Run”, focuses on Strummer’s self-imposed exile in Granada in 1985/6, following the demise of The Clash Mark Two. The film is directed by Nick Hall and will be released by Cadiz Music in April 2015.
The film discovers what Joe Strummer was doing in Madrid in 1985 while The Clash was falling apart, finds out the truth behind the production of the 091 LP and investigates what happened to his beloved Dodge.
Johnny Green, The Clash’s legendary road manager said of the film, “I glowed – I felt uplifted. Once again, it was as if I had spent a little time with my dear lost friend, Joe Strummer. I was hooked all through – the story is compulsive. More to the point, you have perfectly captured the brooding melancholia, that shy underside, which was a compelling component of Ol’ Joe. ‘I Need A Dodge’ is fabulous.”
It will receive its UK premiere at a Cadiz Music Presents Rock N Roll Cinema event held at KOKO, Camden, London, on March 25, 2015. As well as a screening of the film, the evening will also offer an all-star band [with very special guests] playing The Clash and Joe Strummer songs. Tickets are £20.
For each ticket bought, £2.00 will be donated to a legacy project to erect a life size bronze statue of Strummer.
More info :
- AntiBastard : Clash, Berlin, 19/02/2016
- Purgen : Clash, Berlin, 19/06/2016
- Ach Was : Clash, Berlin, 19/02/2016
- Lee "Scratch" Perry Documentary Gets DVD Release
- 12-Minute Unreleased Kurt Cobain Song To Be Released
- Courtney Love : Cease & Desist Against Cobain Movie
- Nina Simone biopic to premiere in April
- Raekwon and Ghostface Killah Announce Documentary
- Kikked! 7 - Preview
- Kikked! : "Punk In Africa" interview, Aug 2010