Edgar Froese of the innovative and prolific German electronic group Tangerine Dream passed away this week.
He was 70 years old.
Since their founding in 1967, Tangerine Dream released over 100 albums, despite numerous roster changes.
The band was an essential part of the development of electronic music as we know it today.
The group posted this message on their Facebook page:
This is a message to you we are very sorry for…
On January 20th, Tuesday afternoon, Edgar Froese suddenly and unexpectedly passed away from the effects of a pulmonary embolism in Vienna.
The sadness in our hearts is immensely.
Edgar once said: “There is no death, there is just a change of our cosmic address.”
Edgar, this is a little comfort to us.
TANGERINE DREAM TEAM
- Commiserations : Manchester Popfest, 15/08/2015
- July 20-24 : Metal Days Festival, Tolmin
- H20 : Use Your Voice Tour 2015
- Howard Marks reveals he has inoperable cancer
- Laibach : Spectre World Tour 2015
- Litovsk : Sal's, Waterford, 27/10/2015
- The Lab Rats : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 02/05/2015
- 3 Chords Festival 2015
- Aug 15-16 : Manchester Popfest
- Killaflaw : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015