Raekwon and Ghostface Killah Announce ‘Only Built 4 Cuban Linx’ Documentary at Sundance Film Festival
Wu-Tang Clan members Raekwon and Ghostface Killah made an appearance at the Sundance Film Festival on Saturday night to confirm what many in the hip-hop world were already reporting: The duo would be overseeing a documentary of the pair’s landmark album “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx”, which will be titled “The Purple Tape Files”. A trailer was revealed to the guests at the event, who enjoyed cocktails and a Q&A with the MCs at a “Purple Carpet” screening.
2015 marks the 20th anniversary of the album’s release. “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx” has been cited as the primary influence behind “Mafioso” rap as well as for inspiring many rappers to assume alter-egos (Raekwon operated as “Chef Raekwon” on the album, and Ghostface appeared as Tony Starks) and for popularising the Cristal brand of champagne in the hip-hop scene.
Raekwon and Ghostface Killah have already been booked for the Coachella Music Festival, where they may be performing the classic album in full.
- Sona Jobarteh : Hotter Than July, Dublin, 19/07/2015
- Narco : "Dios te odia" Gira 2015
- Public Order Act : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 03/05/2015
- Howard Marks reveals he has inoperable cancer
- Harrison Drive : WSO Liverpool, 02/10/2015
- Release : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015
- Ellie Rose Smith : WSO Liverpool, 02/10/2015
- Los Bonsais : Manchester Popfest, 16/08/2015
- Commiserations : Manchester Popfest, 15/08/2015
- Cruachan : Fibber Magees, Dublin, 02/01/2015