A new festival will hit Belfast on Saturday, May 30th called AVA (Audio Visual Arts).
The AVA Festival is billed as a “grass roots festival,” the all-day event will focus on showcasing and supporting Northern Irish talent. Held at T13 in the Titanic Quarter, where the RMS Titanic was famously built, the day will be split in two: from 11 AM through 4 PM there will be a series of talks and panels (exact details TBA), followed by a club night from 4 PM until late.
A mix of local stars and up-and-comers have been confirmed for the showcase, with Bicep, Phil Kieran, Optimo and Ejeca leading the charge. SDC, AKA Space Dimension Controller, will perform his live laser show for the first time in Northern Ireland, and there are additional slots for Schmutz, Extended Play and Cromby, who spins back-to-back with Swoose. Artist Oisin O’Brien, AKA Guerilla Shout, will man the visuals.
AVA will also host a daytime conference centred around electronic music, visual and moving art, design and a vinyl fair. It aims to bring together industry heads with established and emerging artists. It’s also a chance for major partners such as Ableton and high-profile keynote speakers to share their knowledge and inspire.
More info :
- Hooligan : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 03/05/2015
- QELD : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 02/05/2015
- Agnostic Front : European Summer Tour 2015
- Water : Islington Mill, Salford, 31/10/2015
- Spread Eagle : Manchester Popfest, 16/08/2015
- 3 Chords Festival 2015
- Narco : "Dios te odia" Gira 2015
- Stairwells : Fibber Magees, Dublin, 13/02/2015
- Gary Edward Jones : WSO Liverpool, 02/10/2015
- Nova Rock Festival 2015 - Teaser Video