Mute Records has curated Festival Mute Mexico, taking place in Tlaquepaque on March 21st.
The label has arranged a lineup that traverses its storied history. Vince Clarke, of Depeche Mode, Yazoo and Erasure, is booked for a DJ set. Irwin Schmidt, who has worked closely with Daniel Miller’s label to reissue material by his seminal Krautrock band, Can, will spin records and give a talk. LA band Liars is booked to play live, as is Ben Frost, who is still touring in support of his A U R O R A album. Apparat and Miller have also been booked to DJ, with iconic synthpop band Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark rounding out the lineup.
All of the performances will take place at the sports complex Valentín Gómez Farías. The festival is presented by Punto de Encuentro with the support of the National Council For Culture And The Arts and the municipality of San Pedro Tlaquepaque. Festival Mute Mexico is part of Dual Year UK-MX 2015, a cultural exchange program organized by the Mexican and English governments.
- Morro 16 : Hotter Than July, Dublin, 19/07/2015
- Korpiklaani sign with Nuclear Blast
- Kaiden Nolan : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015
- Blur to headline Isle of Wight Festival
- Boris Grebenshikov : Murrays, Dublin, 12/04/2015
- Ellie Rose Smith : WSO Liverpool, 02/10/2015
- Denis Parkinson : WSO Liverpool, 01/10/2015
- Mark Dennis : WSO Liverpool, 01/10/2015
- Rachel Margetts / Greta Buituke : Manchester Popfest, 16/08/2015
- Taser Puppets : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015