Mute Records has curated Festival Mute Mexico, taking place in Tlaquepaque on March 21st.
The label has arranged a lineup that traverses its storied history. Vince Clarke, of Depeche Mode, Yazoo and Erasure, is booked for a DJ set. Irwin Schmidt, who has worked closely with Daniel Miller’s label to reissue material by his seminal Krautrock band, Can, will spin records and give a talk. LA band Liars is booked to play live, as is Ben Frost, who is still touring in support of his A U R O R A album. Apparat and Miller have also been booked to DJ, with iconic synthpop band Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark rounding out the lineup.
All of the performances will take place at the sports complex Valentín Gómez Farías. The festival is presented by Punto de Encuentro with the support of the National Council For Culture And The Arts and the municipality of San Pedro Tlaquepaque. Festival Mute Mexico is part of Dual Year UK-MX 2015, a cultural exchange program organized by the Mexican and English governments.
- Left To Die : Fibber Magees, Dublin, 13/02/2015
- Morro 16 : Hotter Than July, Dublin, 19/07/2015
- Long Island Ice Teas : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015
- Aug 07-10 : Devestation Fest, Belfast
- The School : Manchester Popfest, 16/08/2015
- Knifedoutofexistence : RAMP, New Ross, 23/11/2015
- 5th Element : Central Arts, Waterford, 25/07/2015
- Los Bonsais : Manchester Popfest, 16/08/2015
- Slowcoaches : Manchester Popfest, 15/08/2015
- Thom Morecroft : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015