Blur have been confirmed as the Saturday night headliner for this year’s Isle of Wight Festival.
The news was announced on Absolute Radio this morning, with competition winner Dean Chant from Bognor announcing the final headliner act live on the Breakfast Show.
“I’m a huge fan of Blur and have always wanted to bring them to the Isle of Wight Festival so I’m really pleased we’ve finally done it. I know they’re going to blow the crowd away on the Saturday night,” said Isle of Wight Festival promoter John Giddings.
The band will join acts such as Fleetwood Mac, The Prodigy, The Black Keys, Pharrell Williams, Paolo Nutini, Jessie Ware, James Bay, Billy Idol, Paul Oakenfold and The Charlatans on the bill at the event, which will take place from 11-14 June at Seaclose Park.
“We’ve never played Isle of Wight Festival before so we’re really looking forward to this one. And we get to take our tour bus on a boat,” said Blur bassist Alex James.
The Magic Whip, Blur’s first album as a four piece in 16 years, is out on Parlophone on April 27. The band will also play British Summer Time Hyde Park on Saturday, June 20.
“These summer shows are going to be quite different to the gigs we did a few years back. We’re excited to play the new record live and we’ll have some surprises in store for the fans too,” added guitarist Graham Coxon.
- May 01-03 : 0161 Festival, Manchester, UK
- Sonisphere Confirm No UK Festival in 2015
- Howard Marks reveals he has inoperable cancer
- John Reynolds : The Ritz, Manchester, 26/06/2015
- Kaiden Nolan : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015
- Saltcutters : WSO Liverpool, 04/10/2015
- July 20-24 : Metal Days Festival, Tolmin
- Oct 2015 : Agnostic Front + Old Firm Casuals + Coldslide [HFMN]
- Ellie Rose Smith : WSO Liverpool, 02/10/2015
- Dijon Babes : Waterford, 31/01/2015