Alun Parry, live at Sound Food & Drink, as part of We Shall Overcome Liverpool, 03/10/2015.
Alun Parry brings a distinctly Liverpool sound with his brand of Irish American folk. It is music to exercise your dance muscles, your chuckle muscles, and your brain as well.
His music is affirming, uplifting and thought provoking. But most of all, it’s a great night out!
Alun weaves cleverly constructed stories that tell the tales of ordinary people, carrying the spirit of Woody Guthrie into the 21st century.
R2 magazine said: “He is an incurable champion of ordinary people. He chooses immaculately researched historical subject matter. He is also capable of clever, tension-filled drama.”
He counts folk legends Roy Bailey and Dick Gaughan amongst his fans.
Alun has recently released his third full album “When The Sunlight Shines”. The album has received huge critical acclaim. It was the Liverpool Echo’s albm of the week, and received a four star review in R2 magazine.
His other studio work includes two full albums (“Corridors of Stone” and “We Can Make The World Stop”) and a 6 track EP (“Liverpool 800”).
Alun is available solo, as a duo with fiddle/mandolin accompaniment, or as a three or four piece band.
He also delivers innovative song writing workshops – the perfect accompaniment to any gig or festival.
Alun Parry :
Liverpool Acoustic :
Sound Food & Drink :
We Shall Overcome :
We Shall Overcome Liverpool :
More videos from We Shall Overcome Liverpool here :
- Kendal Calling announce 2015 line-up
- Katy McGrath : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015
- May 23-24 : Keep The Faith Festival, Belfast
- Sweetheart : Manchester Popfest, 15/08/2015
- Teething : European Tour, Summer 2015
- Tangerine Dream founder Edgar Froese has died
- Killaflaw : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015
- The Movement : Gira junio de 2015 [HFMN]
- 2 Sick Monkeys : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 01/05/2015
- Morro 16 : Hotter Than July, Dublin, 19/07/2015