Punk-rock iconoclasts Anti-Flag have announced that they will release their new studio album, “American Spring”, this May through Spinefarm Records. While further details, such as the record’s track listing and exact release date, are forthcoming, you can read an official statement from the band below.
“We are excited to announce that our tenth full-length record will be released on Spinefarm Records this spring,” the band stated. “There is no shortage of fodder for a new record of commentary on the social and political climate in 2015: Endless wars, the new Jim Crow and American injustice, corprotocracy, environmental coup d’état, the surveillance state, loss, grief and anxiety. We hope that these songs can grant us solace in a seemingly hopeless era.
It has been frustrating to see much punk rock music —and music in general— quiet in the face of so many atrocities that are taking place around the world. This record is not quiet. If you are disillusioned with the status quo, these songs are for you. The American Spring is now“.
Spinefarm Records general manager Jonas Nachsin also notes, “Anti-Flag are a band with a message certainly, and in addition, the music is just as compelling. This album, our first with the band, is just incredible. While we are happy to help deliver it to their legion of devoted fans, our plan is also to extend it out to those who haven’t yet been exposed to this treasured act. We are proud that they chose us to bring on American Spring.”
- Knifedoutofexistence : RAMP, New Ross, 23/11/2015
- Aug 28-29 : Baltic Open Air 2015
- Syd.31 : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015
- Havana Ché : Hotter Than July, Dublin, 19/07/2015
- July 20-24 : Metal Days Festival, Tolmin
- EMP Persistence Tour 2015
- Mute Records curates Mexican festival
- Los Bonsais : Manchester Popfest, 16/08/2015
- Doom : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 03/05/2015
- Enter Shikari stream new album