Gary Edward Jones, live at the Brink, as part of We Shall Overcome Liverpool, 02/10/2015.
From the age of 11, Gary began writing songs imitating those of his idols, Lennon & McCartney, Elvis, Crowded House and the legends of Motown.
Whilst studying woodcarving and cabinet making at college, his passion for music continued and Gary joined the band, ‘Day Without Rain’. The band played many of London’s iconic venues and the lure of the big city proved too much when, in his mid-twenties, Gary moved to London.
The best art imitates life and Gary soaked up the atmosphere of the capital for the next five years, a time which saw the twin events of the joyous birth of his son and the breakdown of the relationship with the mother of his child. These incredible highs and lows brought about a drive to write more and more original songs.
Trips to America and chance meetings have brought about great contacts and lasting friendships and the confidence to put together Gary’s debut album – “The Cabinet Maker”.
Gary Edward Jones :
“The Cabinet Maker” album :
The Brink :
We Shall Overcome :
We Shall Overcome Liverpool :
More videos from We Shall Overcome Liverpool here :
- Enter Shikari stream new album
- Nova Rock Festival 2015 - Teaser Video
- Mark Dennis : WSO Liverpool, 01/10/2015
- Joe Solo : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 03/05/2015
- Oct 2015 : Agnostic Front + Old Firm Casuals + Coldslide [HFMN]
- The Lab Rats : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 02/05/2015
- Rag Tag Misfits : WSO Liverpool, 02/10/2015
- Soft Drinks : Manchester Popfest, 15/08/2015
- Luddite Bastard : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015
- Spread Eagle : Manchester Popfest, 16/08/2015