Gary Edward Jones, live at the Brink, as part of We Shall Overcome Liverpool, 02/10/2015.
From the age of 11, Gary began writing songs imitating those of his idols, Lennon & McCartney, Elvis, Crowded House and the legends of Motown.
Whilst studying woodcarving and cabinet making at college, his passion for music continued and Gary joined the band, ‘Day Without Rain’. The band played many of London’s iconic venues and the lure of the big city proved too much when, in his mid-twenties, Gary moved to London.
The best art imitates life and Gary soaked up the atmosphere of the capital for the next five years, a time which saw the twin events of the joyous birth of his son and the breakdown of the relationship with the mother of his child. These incredible highs and lows brought about a drive to write more and more original songs.
Trips to America and chance meetings have brought about great contacts and lasting friendships and the confidence to put together Gary’s debut album – “The Cabinet Maker”.
Gary Edward Jones :
“The Cabinet Maker” album :
The Brink :
We Shall Overcome :
We Shall Overcome Liverpool :
More videos from We Shall Overcome Liverpool here :
- Dijon Babes : Waterford, 31/01/2015
- 2 Sick Monkeys : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 01/05/2015
- Bobby Hanzo : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015
- Doom : 0161 Festival, Manchester, 03/05/2015
- Kolega : Minefest, Manchester, 24/05/2015
- DEATH BY STEREO : TOO DRUNK TO DIE SUMMER TOUR 2015
- Vynce : WSO Liverpool, 01/10/2015
- Fabia : WSO Liverpool, 03/10/2015
- Litovsk : Sal's, Waterford, 27/10/2015
- Only Child : WSO Liverpool, 04/10/2015